Valley Health System Family Medicine Residency Program in Las Vegas
A message from Christine Quartuccio-Carran, DO, FAAFP
Program Director, Family Medicine
The Valley Health System GME Consortium
Welcome to the Valley Health System’s Family Medicine Residency Program. Our program was founded in 2019 to meet the growing needs of our medically underserved community by training the next generation of knowledgeable, experienced, and compassionate Family Physicians. Over the course of our 3-year ACGME accredited program, our residents train in a variety of educational settings to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to provide comprehensive, personalized, evidence-based medicine. We accept 10 residents per year for our 30-resident program.
Highlights of our program include:
- Our Continuity Clinic. Through our state-of-the art Family Medicine Continuity Clinic, our residents train in a thoughtfully designed setting that enhances patient care, resident education, and the overall clinical learning environment. Our residents work as members within interprofessional teams, ensuring collaboration and the delivery of comprehensive and coordinated care.
- Our Inpatient Experiences. Our inpatient experiences within The Valley Health System prepare our residents with the knowledge and skills necessary to care for patients of all ages and levels of acuity. With The Valley Health System as the largest Health System within our state, our residents train amongst a broad scope of specialties and expertise that enhance their knowledge and delivery of care.
- Diverse Training Settings and Dedicated Faculty. Through our dedicated faculty and the strong support of our community partners around the valley, our residents rotate within various settings that enhance the diversity, scope and value of their training. Our faculty are committed to providing a hands-on, experiential learning environment so our residents gain the knowledge and skills to practice all facets of Family Medicine.
- Innovation. Innovation is seen throughout many aspects of our program. Through our telemedicine curriculum and population health management resources, we look for new and relevant ways in which we can deliver timely and accessible care. Innovation can also be seen through our novel approaches of incorporating simulation, tasks trainers, ultrasound modules, and procedure workshops into our curriculum. Through our resident-led committees, we value our residents’ participation in fostering an educational, collaborative, and forward-moving environment to train in.
- Community-focused. Our residents begin their first month of residency on our Community Medicine rotation. This rotation allows for our residents to become imbedded in the fabric of our medical community early on in their training. We examine the many factors that influence health and wellbeing, including the impact of social determinants of health, health equity, and cultural competency amongst many others, to lay the foundation to practice holistic and individualized medicine. Continued community engagement is fostered throughout all 3 years through various activities around the valley, in addition to input from our resident-led Community Engagement Committee.
- Wellness Curriculum. Residency is a time for both professional and personal growth. Our program values the importance of developing health habits during residency. From program-led wellness activities, resident retreats and community events to the wide array of individual wellness resources we offer, our program fosters a supportive environment to develop and maintain those health habits.
At the Valley Health System Family Medicine Residency, we thrive on excellence in resident education and excellence in patient care. We train our residents to provide comprehensive, personalized, and compassionate care while supporting their professional and personal development throughout residency and beyond.
Thank you for your interest in our program.
During the three years of residency training, our residents will become highly skilled at all facets of Family Medicine.
Salaries and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and other benefits.
Apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application process.
Christine Quartuccio-Carran, DO, FAAFP