Valley Health System Family Medicine Residency Program in Las Vegas
A message from Thomas Hunt, MD
Program Director, Family Medicine
The Valley Health System GME Consortium
The Valley Health System Family Medicine Residency Program welcomed its first class in July 2019. We accept 10 residents per year for our 30 resident ACGME accredited program.
Our residency program represents a unique training opportunity, both personally and professionally. Las Vegas, home to more than two million people, is a community known for its diverse citizenry. Our Health System, the largest in Nevada, includes seven hospitals serving the greater Las Vegas area. Our mission - to increase access to high quality, evidence-based, compassionate, primary care in our medically underserved community.
Highlights of the program include:
- Diverse faculty members dedicated to providing an educational hands-on training experience.
- State of the art medical facilities enable residents to thrive in the evolving healthcare systems of today and tomorrow.
- The Family Medicine Practice site and the strong support from community partners has enabled our trainees to provide comprehensive, coordinated and personalized medicine. Our inter-professional curriculum prepares residents to work in complex healthcare teams. During the three years of residency training, our residents become highly skilled at all facets of Family Medicine.
- The inpatient care experiences within The Valley Health System offer our residents a collaborative and expansive opportunity to enrich their knowledge and skill set. This consortium of hospitals enables residents to train in an integrated system of care with a broad scope of specialties and experiences.
- A comprehensive simulation curriculum allows residents to train in a consequence-free environment, enabling them to develop procedural skills for application in daily practice. Residents also have the opportunity to participate in all forms of scholarly activity and to develop leadership skills.
- A robust wellness curriculum that values and promotes the physical, emotional, and mental health of all members of our team. This is accomplished through formal and informal instruction, activities, retreats, social events and community engagement.
We are excited to shape the next generation of family physicians. Our goal is to train competent, confident and compassionate physicians by providing an environment built around the sanctity of the physician-patient relationship and advanced facilities and tools, while providing personal support and professional development.
Thank you for your interest in our program.
During the three years of residency training, our residents will become highly skilled at all facets of Family Medicine.
Salaries and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and other benefits.
Apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application process.
Thomas Hunt, MD