Volunteer at the Valley Health System
Hospital patients, families, guests and staff have benefited tremendously from the commitment of men and women who have been part of a dedicated volunteer team at Valley Health System hospitals. When you volunteer, you join an integral part of our hospital family. We match your skills, interests, experience and availability with our open volunteer positions.
Benefits of Volunteering
The benefits of volunteering include:
- Gaining the satisfaction that comes from knowing that you make a difference in the lives of patients, staff and your community.
- Gaining first-hand knowledge of what nurses, doctors and other medical staff do each day.
- Meeting other volunteers and staff who may become good friends and associates of yours.
- Doing work that is highly valued by patients and staff.
- Obtaining possible credit for high school students.
- Enjoying the one meal allowance for each four-hour shift.
- Attending holiday and appreciation luncheons
Qualifications for Volunteering
To be a Valley Health System volunteer, you must:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and have an interest in helping others.
- Be able to conduct yourself with dignity, courtesy and with consideration of others.
- Make your work professional in quality.
- Hold as absolutely confidential, all information that may be obtained directly or indirectly concerning patients, doctors or personnel.
- Be dependable and honor your commitment.
- Be able to perform assigned tasks.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Book cart/goodwill ambassador
- Emergency department
- Front information desk
- Gift shop
- Nursing floors
- Pet therapy
- Support services (food and nutrition, environmental services, etc.)
- Surgical services
- Waiting rooms
- Women's services
Requirements for volunteering:
- Complete an application:
- Attend volunteer orientation.
- Schedule an interview with the human resources or volunteer office at your Valley Health System hospital of choice.
- Complete two-step TB test.
- Undergo a criminal background check.
- Provide proof that you meet the minimum age requirement.
- Understand that your services are donated without intention of compensation or future employment, and given for humanitarian, religious or charitable reasons.