Shared Expertise, Resources
The Valley Health System (VHS) shares expertise, services and resources across its six hospitals. Below are the VHS service lines that share these resources across three or more facilities.
We're here to help keep you on your feet! Orthopedic surgeons at VHS hospitals use advanced techniques and technology to diagnose and treat your injuries and disorders involving your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves.
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
Specializing in hip and knee joint replacement and minimally invasive spinal surgery.
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
Specializing in sports medicine, hip and knee joint replacement, minimally invasive spinal surgery and inpatient rehab.
- Henderson Hospital
Specializing in sports medicine, hip and knee joint replacement and minimally invasive spinal surgery. Henderson Hospital has been awarded Certificates of Distinction for Joint Replacement Hip and Knee from The Joint Commission based on a review of compliance with national standards, clinical guidelines and outcomes of care from 2017-2019.
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
Specializing in sports medicine, hip and knee joint replacement and minimally invasive spinal surgery. Spring Valley Hospital earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Core Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement.
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
Specializing in minimally invasive surgery, fractures, anterior hip replacement and rehabilitation.
- Valley Hospital Medical Center
Specializing in minimally invasive surgery, fractures, anterior hip replacement and inpatient rehab.
Joint Camp Presurgery Education
Several of our facilities offer classes to help you prepare for your upcoming hip or knee replacement surgery.
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center offers a series of videos and an on-site class on Wednesdays.
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center holds Joint Camp on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 a.m. in the Acute Rehabilitation Dayroom on the 3rd floor. No registration is necessary.
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center offers a one-hour class on Tuesdays.
Learn more and register
Cardiac Services — Open Heart Surgery
All six VHS hospitals offer comprehensive cardiac services; the following four locations offer open heart surgery:
Chest Pain Center — Accredited by ACC
Five VHS hospitals have Chest Pain Centers accredited by the American College of Cardiology (ACC):
Maternity Services — Nursery and NICU
Four VHS hospitals have maternity services with Level I (well baby) nurseries. Three have a Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for seriously ill or premature infants. Staff in Level II nurseries treat premature and ill infants who do not require as high a level of care as those treated in a Level III nursery:
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center (Levels I, II and III)
- Henderson Hospital (Level I; Level II opens in 2018)
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center (Levels I, II and III)
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center (Levels I, II and III)
Rehabilitation — Acute Inpatient
Four VHS hospitals have inpatient rehabilitation facilities for people who need post-surgical, stroke, injury or other rehabilitation services:
Rehabilitation — Outpatient
Three VHS hospitals have outpatient rehabilitation facilities:
Stroke Care — Primary Stroke Center
Five VHS hospitals have Joint Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Centers:
Surgery — Robotic
All six VHS hospitals have comprehensive surgical departments; four of them offer robotic surgery: