Treatments for Your Bones, Joints and Muscles
Is knee pain keeping you from the things you enjoy? Are back or hip problems a constant worry? If so, an orthopedic specialist at The Valley Health System can help. These doctors treat conditions affecting your bones, muscles and joints. They can help with problems from your feet to your spine to your neck. The goal is to reduce pain and improve function.
Keeping your musculoskeletal system healthy helps you stay active and independent. Treatment from an orthopedic surgeon can address problems that may arise.
Find a Physician
If you need a referral to a physician at The Valley Health System, call our free physician referral service at 702-388-4888 or search for a doctor online.
Awards and Recognition
- Centennial Hills Hospital has earned national recognition for joint replacement surgery. This includes The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Core Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement. It has also been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as High Performing in Hip Replacement.
- Henderson Hospital has been awarded Certificates of Distinction for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement from The Joint Commission.
- Spring Valley Hospital has received The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards.
- Anthem Blue Cross® Blue Shield® Nevada has designated Spring Valley Hospital as a Blue Distinction Center+ (BDC+) for Knee and Hip Replacement, part of the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program.
The Valley Health System provides comprehensive orthopedic services including:
- Arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle
- Computer-navigated surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Fracture care
- Hand surgery
- Total joint replacement (hip and knee)
- Minimally-invasive surgery
- Podiatric surgery
- Spine surgery
- Sports medicine or surgery
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Orthopedic surgeons at The Valley Health System perform minimally invasive procedures whenever possible. Using advanced technology, surgeons make small pencil-sized holes in the body while video equipment is used to provide a magnified view of the surgical site. Instruments are used to perform the surgery through the incisions. This type of surgery may result in smaller scars, less time in the hospital, a faster recovery and faster return to work and daily activities.*
Surgeons at Henderson Hospital use Mako SmartRobotics™ to assist with total hip and knee replacement procedures. Mako uses 3D CT-based planning software so your surgeon can know more about your anatomy to create a personalized joint replacement surgical plan.
Mazor X Stealth™ Edition Robotic Guidance Platform
Henderson Hospital uses the Mazor X Stealth™ Edition Robotic Guidance Platform for spine surgery. This platform combines pre-operative planning tools and analytics with intraoperative guidance, giving surgeons advanced spinal surgery options.
Following orthopedic surgery, some patients may need rehabilitation to help relieve pain and increase function. The Valley Health System offers rehabilitation services to assist those recovering from surgery and other orthopedic procedures.
Meet the Team
A skilled and caring team supports you every step of the way. This includes orthopedic surgeons who work closely with the hospital staff. Other team members include orthopedic nurse practitioners and orthopedic nurse navigators.
The staff can answer any questions you may have. They help you get ready for surgery and explain how to prepare. They also support you during recovery so you can achieve the best possible outcome.
*Individual results may vary. There are risks associated with any surgical procedure. Talk with your doctor about these risks to find out if robotic and minimally invasive surgery are right for you.